March 25, 2018
March 25, 2018
Address1040 South Service Road View map
One Day-8 hours/4 CMTO CEUs , NHPC 5 credits
Student Cost $270.00 + HST – RMT Cost $300.00 + HST
This one day course will introduce Massage Therapists to the components and function of the pelvic floor, and its relationship to diastasis rectus abdominis (DRA) in pregnancy and postpartum. Massage Therapists will be given tools to use in practice to assess the DRA in postpartum patients as well as self-care techniques. This course will also review postpartum massage positions, contraindications, treatment goals and considerations for the patient including those patients who have had a cesarean birth.
- Describe contraindications and indications for massage therapy in postpartum.
- Determine suitable techniques and treatment regimens/modifications related to the postpartum stage of the perinatal cycle.
- Efficiently treat the abdomen (post cesarean birth)
- Introduce anatomy of the pelvic floor and function.
- Explain & demonstrate assessment of the DRA.
- Introduce rehabilitation and self-care for DRA.
- Develop marketing and business strategies for the perinatal focused practice.
What is needed for the course?
A course manual will be provided via PDF and emailed to you the week of the course. Course manuals will be printed and for sale at $10/manual. Please bring your computer or tablet, or a printed version of the manual.
Sign up at www.pregnancymassagetherapy.com