“The practice of Massage Therapy is the assessment of the soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain of the soft tissue and joints by manipulation to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function, or relieve pain “Massage Therapy Act, 1991
The accelerated massage therapy program is a 3-semester program designed for students with a kinesiology degree and a proficiency in musculoskeletal anatomy, biomechanics and rehabilitative exercises. This program will build upon their academic foundation, adding knowledge and skills pertaining to health sciences, clinical sciences, clinical practice, professional practice.
There is a self-study component to this program. The complexity of massage techniques progresses from an introductory level to a highly skilled set of treatment skills. Ethics, legislation and practice management concepts are added and interwoven throughout the program, along with orthopedic assessment and rehabilitation skills. Students increasingly apply their skills in the student clinic and through patient outreach experiences
- University Kinesiology Degree
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Clearance
- Full Covid-19 Vaccination Status (2 shots)
- English Language Proficiency
Fill out the inquiry form for more details.
1. Submit an Inquiry using the form on the website
2. Receive an email with information about the application process.
3. Complete the Questionnaire using the emailed link AND send University Transcripts to the Director of Academics.
4. Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) will take up to 4 weeks. For possible outcomes, see below.
5. After review of submitted documentation, you will be notified of the result. You will be invited to schedule a meeting with the Massage Therapy Program Coordinator.
6. if you are a suitable candidate for the program, you will be informed. You will also be informed of any added requirements, such as an Entrance Exam or Self-Study Learning Modules. Entrance Exam dates will be January, and February 2023. Self-Study Learning Modules will occur beginning in January 2022.
*All applicants will be required to complete Musculoskeletal Anatomy Self-Study Modules prior to program start.
7. Acceptances will be sent out beginning January 1, 2023
Possible outcomes of the PLA include:
A. Suitable candidate in all subject areas, offer of admission may be granted. (*Musculoskeletal anatomy self-study modules required)
B. Suitable candidate in most subject areas. Additional courses required for the subject area(s) in question. (*Musculoskeletal anatomy self-study modules required)
C. Suitable candidate, except degree completion was greater than 5 years prior. Entrance Exam required. (*Musculoskeletal anatomy self-study modules required)
D. Specific subject Challenge Exams may be required of candidates if details of prior learning are not available.
Accelerated Massage Therapy Program Entrance Exam: Details
Accelerated Massage Therapy Program Entrance Exam: Content
Accelerated Massage Therapy Program Anatomy Modules: Details
Accelerated Massage Therapy Program Anatomy Modules: Content
Accelerated Massage Therapy Program Anatomy Modules: Lists of Structures