“The practice of Massage Therapy is the assessment of the soft tissue and joints of the body and the treatment and prevention of physical dysfunction and pain of the soft tissue and joints by manipulation to develop, maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function, or relieve pain “Massage Therapy Act, 1991
A strong health science foundation of anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology progressively builds each semester, as does the complexity of massage techniques from an introductory level to a highly integrated set of treatment skills.
Ethics, legislation, and practice management concepts are added and interwoven throughout the program, along with orthopaedic assessment and rehabilitation skills. Students increasingly apply their skills in the student clinic and through patient outreach experiences.
- Secondary School Diploma – No specific courses are required
- Current Standard First Aid & CPR Level C
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Clearance
- English Language Proficiency
Application Process Open: January 1, 2022
1. Submit an Inquiry using the form on the website
2. Receive an email with information about the application process.
3. Complete the Questionnaire using the emailed link AND send High-School and other Post-Secondary Transcripts to the Director of Academics.
4. After review of submitted documentation, you will be informed of the result. You will be invited to schedule a meeting with the Massage Therapy Program Coordinator.
5. Acceptances will be sent out beginning July 1, 2022