Primary Care Paramedics administer pre-hospital emergency medical care to patients with injuries or medical illnesses and transport them to hospitals or other medical facilities for further medical care. They are employed by private ambulance services, hospitals, fire departments, government departments and agencies, manufacturing firms, mining companies and other private sector establishments.
Request a Tour – Dates are now available for the September 2022 Program
During this meeting you will have a chance to ask the Program Co-ordinator all of your questions about the program. We encourage you to bring family/friends with you in case they have questions also. Due to the large number of program inquiries, we are unable to call students individually to answer questions.
We are now accepting applications for the September 2022 Programs.
- The tour and information session takes 60-90 minutes.
- If you have not already done so, you are welcome to apply for the program on our website.
- If you are not able to join us after you book a tour, please call the college at 905-643-8778 and let us know.
Financial assistance may be available for those who qualify. For more information click here.
(DO NOT APPLY FOR OSAP BEFORE YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THIS PROGRAM)
We have an Articulation Agreement with Athabasca University that grants graduates of our Primary Care Paramedic Program 30 credits toward Athabasca University’s Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) and Bachelor of Science (Post Diploma) with Majors programs.
For more information go to:
- Full Covid-19 vaccination status
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma – No specific senior science courses are required
- Standard First Aid & Health Care Provider (HCP) or BLS CPR Certificate
- Clear Criminal Record Check – You will be required to sign a waiver that you do not have a criminal record. A formal criminal check or VSS is not required until Semester 2.